Cruise Hive Boards

I’m planning to go onthe majestic repositioning cruise in October anyone been on majestic

@Rhonda lindenbaum I have not cruised with Majestic Princess in the past but you can't go wrong with a repositioning cruise! Based on the itineraries I viewed online, these dates will cruise from Los Angeles to New Zealand, making stops in Oahu and Maui, Hawaii. These are some unbeatable destinations. Have you been to these ports of call before?  I hope you enjoy it! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

First welcome to either New Zealand or Australia which is where I live. We were on the majestic last November, loved the ship but didn’t like market place (horizon court) also live for trivia ect as there is nowhere to put your drink except on the floor.

• Thanks 1

@Louise Urbas Thanks for the suggestion! The bilingual signage is a total bonus. 

@Oldgirl50 If you don't mind me asking, what about the marketplace (horizon court) did you dislike? For such a lovely ship, I'm curious what's going on with the horizon court. 

@Rhonda lindenbaum This is going to be a great itinerary! If you have enjoyed Ruby Princess in the past, you will definitely enjoy Majestic Princess. Do you intend to get the drink package onboard?

@Rayk That's unique to an onboard dining area! Although I haven't been on Majestic Princess, I actually think the horizon court's design would interest me. I feel the buffets can get really repetitive and I get turned around easily with the copy-and-paste on each side situation. I don't see why there are two sides with the same food choices. It just seems redundant to me. Lately, I have noticed that were is usually only one omelet station but double everything else and the omelet station always takes forever! It would be beneficial to everyone if there was more than one omelet station just like all the other food stations. I usually just stay away from the omelet area because the line gets chaotic. Sometimes the MDR breakfast ends up being the best if you can wake up in time!

• 3 weeks later...

Try getting two soft boiled eggs, 3 & a half minutes or so, on this or any other cruise ship.  It is possible but perseverance is a virtue, that and training the crew.   Majestic is a big ship 3700 pax or so yet they manage everything quite seamlessly.   Theatre holds 852.  Complimentary mini bar for Elite has changed.  Once you could trade it for coffee cards or a $100 plus credit on your room account.  Huge reluctance to do anything but simply take it away if you don't want it.  Ship has a great steak restuarant,  good value at $AUD55.00 thereabouts. 

@Rayk That's annoying, but I have completely given up on the specialty egg ordering unless I'm in the MDR for breakfast. It takes far too long; there is usually a long line. Training is always helpful, but I'm afraid that it's not easy to work with ungrateful guests. I get bothered when cruise guests aren't appreciative of how hard the cruise staff works; they are not easy jobs! The hours are rigorous and many require lots of time on your feet. What a bummer about the complimentary mini-bar! Was this perk replaced with another alternative? I like that price for a good steak! I would imagine the steak was much better than that served in the MDR.

Perks still include laundry but only at Elite level.  Seems though that post Covid you pay more for less.  Most OBCs seem to have evaporated as have some of the floor staff in the buffet dining rooms although the service is still good.

• Like 1

@Rayk I understand now. Thanks for clarifying that. That's 100% true. Unfortunately, the cost of cruising and everything that goes along with the experience has gone up. I'm not super excited about all of the increases but I do understand why. The industry is playing catch up, and I would rather see it succeed than fail. I'm just glad to be back cruising even though it's not the same as it once was. 

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas